Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Dark Hunter Series: Unleash The Night

I was thrilled to read Wren's story; thinking back, Wren had always kept himself isolated, except when it came to Aimee and Marvin. From short bits of other stories I knew he was an outcast and he had a lethal aura around him, that made the leader Nicolette, leery over him being in her home. I figured he would be mostly a background character. Obviously I was wrong and should have expected his story. Now that I have read the book I understand him on a greater level. I now can understand why he is the way he is and I completely respect his isolation to a certain extent. The odds of Maggie becoming his mate was exhilarating. Two different people of two different worlds. Now yes that's how most the stories go. The magic world and the human world, etc. But for Wren and Maggie it seems like so much more. As I read through their story, I felt as though I was experiencing their emotion, I could really feel as though I was right there with them. When it came time for them to head to the past I wasn't sure how I felt about the situation at hand. Was it really safe for Maggie? What are they going to find? Was wren the killer or not? Now mind you I did not believe he killed his parents, but when he met his father, all his feelings started to rise up from the back of his mind. When he had told Maggie why and had shown her the baby Wren, I felt for Wren's father, that he understood his mistakes. But what he did to Maggie blew me away! But I think the one thing I loved the most was Maggie standing up to her father and laying out what she truly felt, and when her father had shown up for the wedding I was pleased to know he finally understood his daughter for who she was. All in all this was a wonderful book. 
Thanks! 
-Mercedez

No comments:

Post a Comment